Thursday, May 29, 2008

LOL

Joshua has discovered Instant Messaging. It's his current favorite computer activity. Don't worry; his contact list is comprised entirely of people he's related to.

He's fun to chat with. For one thing, he's King of the Non-Sequitur. For another, he's young enough that his writing is EXACTLY like his talking. Which brings up my favorite thing about chatting with Josh: the chance to glimpse how he hears words and phrases. It's, um, unique. And very strongly influenced by his speech impediment. Here's a song he sent to Ben: "mary had a little star as pleasis wide a snow". I found this gem waiting for me once when he had been looking for someone to chat with: "just a mols hack dernget," which I think translates to "just a gosh darn minute." And, my favorite, a joke he told me yesterday over IM:

Joshua: ok nock nock
Amy: Who's there?
Joshua: iven
Amy: Iven who?
Joshua: iven bin werken on the ware rode on the biston day

It's not often a Knock Knock joke makes me laugh out loud.

4 comments:

burrhaz said...

Also, apparently, Josh is part German.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I needed something to lift my spirits today and between hearing Greg's girls in the background singing while talking to Mrs. Woody on the phone and this story of sweet li'l Joshie brightens my day. :) Have I ever mentioned that I love being a HAPPY AUNT!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's finally loving it! I remember when he was intimidated by it and would somewhat freak out when I IMed him. NOW I'M AFTER HIM WITH NO MERCY.

Chrystalee said...

It's the best knock knock joke I think I've ever heard!!! : )