Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hats!




So, my DSS (Darling Step-Sister) called me up with the world's most tantalizing project the other day: to try and think up a small, possibly edible, take-home gift to give out after an Edwardian (think Titanic) dinner. It took me about thirty seconds of Googling to find my dream project: Edwardian Hat petit-fours!

Here are my first attempts. Please note that my piping skills are WEAK and will be much improved on the actual handouts. I bet Christi has a good, steady hand... Anyway, this was my first time playing with fondant (both poured and rolled), and OH MY GOSH I'm hooked.

6 comments:

shahna said...

you are so talented! what is the edwardian dinner for?

Anonymous said...

See, watching the Ace of Cakes is GOOD! And you did a wonderful job on the cakes! Big Sis :)

Anonymous said...

No... Way.

ADORABLE. :'D I would have never thought of making an edible hat.

But... This is a creepy coincidence.
I JUST made a mini hat just that last week for prom. 'Cept mine is a hair clip.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/Strawzz/Shtuff/S7301401.jpg

Amanda said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!!! Is there anything you can't do??!!!

Chrystalee said...

So when are we getting together so you can show me how to unravel the mysteries of fondant?????

Grandma Linda said...

Hi Amy,
I just wrote a whole note..then hit some key and it disappeared, and being the computer whiz I am, I didn't know what to do. Those hats are ADORABLE...I have never worked with fondant, and quite frankly, I don't care if I ever make or decorate another cake. But I DO recognize talent, and youse got it! Can't wait to see you when you move out. Understand it might be by the end of June. I am looking forward to having you on the Christmas program for the 4 day do...linda