Good morning!
It's 5 a.m. and I've already been up for over an hour! And so have the kids!
Seems our local thunderstorm got all cocky and decided to become a tornado in a neighboring town. Nothing like a tornado siren at 4 in the morning! Nothing funner than waking up your kids to tell them to go downstairs into the bathroom they've defiled. I'll, uh, I'll be cleaning that today. And then locking it to all but guests and tornado shelter usage.
The tornado didn't actually come to McKinney, but the adrenaline pumped good and hard, so now the boys are watching cartoons, Mommy's blogging, and I really wish schools still held Naptime. We're all going to need it.
On reading this over, it looks like Matt slept through the whole thing or something. He did not. But I sent him back to bed because he's been fighting some weird viral thing since Friday, and I don't think he's gotten one full night's rest since, between sore throats and scared kids and tornado sirens.
Come to think of it, that's our second siren this spring! That's already a record since we've moved here. Are my thoughts jumping around? Man, I'm tired. Maybe I can catch a quick catnap in the next hour... Oh, yeah.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Gonna Be A Looooong Day
Posted by AnoelleB at 5:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The neighboring city was us, right?. We thought it was just us newbies who got up and ran around the house like maniacs until we saw all our neighbors lights on at 4 AM. Fun times!
Actually, I can't tell that anything actually touched down anywhere nearby. I just remember seeing towns as close as Richardson in the NOAA Tornado Warning statement...
Post a Comment