Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weather Advisory

The weather has gone completely insane outside, it's like the wind is trying to drive rain horizontally through our bedroom window, and... oh, wait. It's just Spring in Texas.

I was thinking back today to when we lived in Chatsworth. A couple moved into our ward from Texas, and constantly marvelled at how clean CA cars were. Which struck me as odd, having lived in Southern CA my whole life up to that point, but now I get it.

Texas cars are definitely dirtier, and there are five reasons why:
1) Texas dirt is just dirtier
2) Spring
3) Summer
4) Fall
5) Winter

You can't wash your car in the spring, because there's going to be some sort of freak sprinkle or major rainstorm every one to two weeks. And even just a sprinkle will lacquer Texas dirt to your car in a fine layer impervious to all "touch-free" carwashes (I can't believe they even HAVE those out here. Useless!). Summer's out if you have a conscience, because we're in a really nasty drought right now. And we need that water for lawn-watering. Fall is Tornado Season II, and if you wash your car in winter, you'll be covered in a layer of ice before your back bumper is past the dryer.

Hm. I should've spread all these posts out over a few days. Oh well!

0 comments: