Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sticklers Unite!

There's a great book I got a while ago called "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" that will answer any questions you may have about my rage at the following paper sent home from Ben's school (see highlighted area):



Now, I'm not allowed to call that irony because Matt's been doing in-depth study of the word and it apparently doesn't apply here, so I'm just going to say "HA! They used incorrect punctuation on a sentence ABOUT PUNCTUATION! And then later mentioned rereading sentences for errors! That's funny! No, wait, not funny.... what's the word...... INFURIATING!"

Honestly, I've been debating all week whether to have Ben ask his teacher if he gets extra credit if he notices the Blatant Comma Abuse. Man, the state of education these days. Sometimes, you wonder if anyone notices, or can make a difference, and then you see that somebody's doing both and you can breathe again. Maybe even smile. And by "you," I of course mean "me." Because I am a stickler.

And it's Chris's fault.

0 comments: