Friday, June 09, 2006

Sleepovers

Man, things have been quiet around the FamBlogs lately. In MY defense, I'm in my second full week of our first official Summer Break From School, and have therefore been pretty much paralyzed from the eyebrows up. This is a voluntary condition, by the way.

But just to jog the blogs a bit, I figured I'd post something. And the topic most readily at hand is sleepovers. The boys have discovered the joy of sleepovers, and they did so under the radar. One night we heard curious goings-on in the little-boy portion of the house. Josh had a recent bad habit of getting out of bed and going to chat with anyone he could find awake, so I went to inspect, and here's what I found:"Ben said I could sleep in his bed!"

Okay, we thought, why not? I was dubious about their getting any actual sleep (per the time-honored Sleepover tradition), but not all that long after when I went to check I found some blatant defiance of tradition.

A couple nights later, the goings-on were even more curious. Curiouser. Anyway, parental inspection revealed a serious nose-thumbing at the laws of physics.

They decided to play Library shortly after the picture was taken, and there were so many books on the bed that Josh ended up sleeping on the floor. Also Joseph woke up crying in the wee sma's due to what turned out to be a small Scooby-Doo figurine intruding upon his person. Nice poke-y one, to boot. This happened also to be the day that I had locked the kids' bathroom upstairs due to some severe violations of Mommy's nerves, so of course Josh had an accident at 3 a.m. because Mommy didn't think to UNlock it for the night-time needs of tiny bladders. And Josh had a MIGHTY NEED!

They're already asking if they can have another sleepover tonight. Since it's Friday, I'm thinking probably yes. Can't wait to see what happens! It would be nice if they DID keep each other awake, and maybe actually sleep in on Saturday for a change. Ah well... ten years from now, right?

On a wholly unrelated note, I'm starting to paint Joseph's Spongebob Room. Yes, those are flowers. But not really, because they're nautical. It'll look WAY masculine when I'm done, trust me.

0 comments: