[I don't know if anybody looked at this last night and had trouble with the video, but it's fixed now.]
[Then I discovered that I misspelled "ophthalmologist," and have since come back to fix that in abject humiliation.]
So I stumbled, link by weird link, onto this priceless bit of food imagery today, although I should warn you there are some language issues scattered about it here and there. Anybody familiar with Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Foods really needs to check it out. Also anyone who's ever been involved in Weight Watchers and heard tale of the Horrible Recipes of the Past. Here they are, in full color. My only complaint is that she doesn't show you the recipes themselves. But then... it's probably a good thing in most cases.
Let's see, I've also got a video from today. See, I've actually got the boys doing chores! It's turning out to be a key to Summer Sanity. The boys get to feel Big and Helpful, and I get enthusiastic help. Been a sweet ride so far. So I had this little meeting with them where I laid out what they COULD choose as their domains, and then let them choose for themselves. Ben signed up for everything - he LOVES to help, and since I usually brush him away he saw this as his big chance. Joseph wandered off. Joshua listened to my list and heard the word "clothes" and was like a Man with a Calling. "I'll put away laund-a-ry!!!" Like he was terrified someone else would snatch up the choice position. This boy loves clothes like nothing I've ever seen before. Well, maybe in Uncle Mike... What I find funny is that he (Josh, not Mike) (at least not that I'm aware of, because... well, you'll see) enjoys, shall we say, LACK of clothing as much as he loves clothing. I don't know how he reconciles the two.
Anyway! Today was his first time getting to put away everyone's laundry, and he was SO happy. Then I guess he just sort of extrapolated this chore out to mean he was King of All Clothing, because the next thing I knew he was dressing Joseph. They managed to get his shirt on okay (with a little help from Mommy), but the pants proved more challenging, as you shall see. I wish I could have been more inconspicuous with the camera, because as sooon as they knew I had it they started yelling "Cheese" at me, basically demanding that I hurry up and snap the dang picture already. You'll see that, as well as Joseph asking me for help when it appears hopeless. Enjoy!
Joshua has such a great face.
What else... Ah! Ben finally saw the eye doctor! He has "Amblyopia," which is the fancy name for lazy eye (only his doesn't wander). It's related to Joshua's eye condition, and unfortunate that we didn't know about it sooner. Basically, his left eye is farsighted, and always has been, and since Righty has perfect vision, it's been doing all the work. So now Lefty can't see for beans. You know those vision charts with all the letters? Cover Ben's right eye, and the ONLY letter he can see is the giant E on top of the pyramid. So he'll get glasses and spend the summer being annoyed at what will initially seem like a cool pirate accessory: The Patch. The idea being to cover his good eye to get the bad one to do its own work for a change, make it stronger. He's WAY stoked about the glasses part. Joshua's ready for a new prescription, too, and when we go back in six weeks, Joseph gets to have HIS first eye exam, since it's a fair bet he didn't manage to escape the Curse of the Burr Eyes. Matt and I can sure make beautiful babies, but we stink at functional eyeballs, apparently. Should the two of us make it to the point where we're populating planets, we're going to have to make sure the first several thousand are skilled ophthalmologists. Or we can just make everything on the planet REALLY BIG so the crappy eyeballs don't bother anybody. Yeah, that's the ticket!
I planned more neural firings, but my husband and On the Waterfront await me. Ta!
Friday, June 02, 2006
Random Links and Neural Firings [Updated] [Updated Again]
Posted by AnoelleB at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment