Friday, June 16, 2006

Did I say that?

Let's see... "I'll blog the kids as soon as they do something other than stain various parts of my house."

Yep, I'm pretty sure that was me. Criminy, I was practically INVITING them to get into trouble.

So I'm upstairs getting Joseph dressed for a trip to the store, when I hear from downstairs the tell-tale "BAM!" and then serious crying, and Ben panicking. When I get downstairs, Ben's gone into full CYA mode ("I'll just send myself to my room!") and Joshua has a river of blood down his face and a lovely hole over his right eye. Gives me the jibblies just to think about it.

Well, all medical knowledge fled my brain at hyper-speed, so I called 911, and Josh got a fancy ride in an ambulance and is now sporting 3 or 4 stitches. And now he's horsing around again. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

I'd give anything to purchase a papoose board like the one they strapped him into for the procedure.

Make that three.

Made for an interesting afternoon for Gramma and Grampa Zornes, too. Had to be fun to get a phone call from BEN asking them to come over because "Joshua has a ouchie," then turn on to our street only to find a firetruck, ambulance, and a half-dozen uniformed fellas milling around outside.

Wish me luck trying to keep him from opening it all back up before nightfall. Right now he's playing "Run toward - and then dive into - the pile of pillows stacked up right next to the wall." My favorite game!

UPDATE: Joshua has just graciously given Joseph his special "Junior Firefighter" sticker that he got from the EMTs. It has been bestowed upon his right eye. They've apparently got something against intact eyebrows.

0 comments: