I put Joseph to bed tonight. I cheated a bit on the bedtime story, since he was the only one going to bed; tonight's story was "patty-cake" (or is it "patta-cake?"), which he does really well. We brushed his teeth, said prayers, and he gave kisses to everyone, and then I took him up to bed.
As I raised the railing on his crib, he looked at me and asked me sweetly, "'dory?"
I looked back at him and insisted we'd already done patty-cake, "that was your story tonight," I insisted.
That was not good enough and he asked me sweetly again, "'dory?" How could I refuse? I turned to the bookshelf behind me and grabbed the "C" book, one of a series of Sesame Street books, each dedicated to a letter of the alphabet. I opened it an began to read of Cookie Monster's love of cookies, but Joseph reached out his hands to grab the book from me.
I handed it to him, and he held it open to read. As I turned to leave the room, I heard him "reading."
"Cookies," he said, followed by a low growl, "Rrrrrr," which must have been Cookie Monster's growl. I smiled to have such a sweet little boy.
3 comments:
Sweet and SMART. Smart smart smart!!
such a cute dory. thanks for sharing :)
Google Punishes CNET for Googling
This has to fall in the rumor department, as I haven't seen Google confirm it, but it's getting side play in blogs - and even Forbes is giving it caustic coverage.
I love party games and stuff.
I have a dice games site/blog. It has lots of unique dice games stuff.
Stop by and have a look :-)
Post a Comment