Monday, August 29, 2005

Oh, What a Beautiful Mooooooorning!

Yeah, I know school hasn't started yet (Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday!!!!), but it still was a beautiful morning anyway!

We did a School Day Test Run today. See, our mornings have been real free-wheeling for over five years thanks to not having any regularly scheduled things to do. I mean, they're hectic enough what with the boys having boy stomachs and all, but I could sleep in till 7 more often than not and work at my own pace as far as getting us all ready. I could even choose not to get anyone ready for anything if we had nowhere to go that day. PJs all day? No problem!

This morning I woke up at 6:15 and - get this - got a shower! Sorry, that's very exciting for me. Then we managed to get everyone dressed and fed and and even got their teeth brushed (also quite a big deal as far as mornings go in the Burr household) and were out the door by 7:50. If we let Joseph walk (thus slowing the pace a bit), it takes 20 minutes to walk from our house to Ben's school. (If Joseph's in a stroller it should take 15, and if I were walking it alone it would take about 10.)

Anyway, the upshot is, we discovered we can actually get Ben to school on time, and that was a big relief.

From school we headed to the park, because there's a great one really close by. This morning it was totally empty, nice and shady, and would you like to know what I did? I swung (that word seems wrong, but I actually looked it up). I swung as high as I could, for a good ten minutes. And it was FUN. It gave me Rollercoaster Belly, and made me giggle, and had me looking up at the tops of trees, and noticing how clear the sky is today. And then I tried jumping off like I used to do when I was a kid, and I fell on my knees and even THAT was fun. Then I sat down and could feel my heart beating, which means that my grown-up side (I have one, really) can justify the swinging as "exercise." But really I was just bored and wanted something to do other than watch my kids having more fun than me.

Anyway, it was fun enough to have nearly erased the pain of my very first cache having been muggled. Yep, I planted a cache, and five people found it over the course of three days. Then on Sunday someone went looking for it and let me know it's gone. GONE! And there was some GREAT stuff in there! I hand-beaded a really cute little ladybug necklace charm, for one. Anyway, I'm bummed, but not defeated. I'll plant another much smaller cache somewhere nearby. A lesson learned the hard way! Stink!

Still, it's been a good morning. Can't wait for tomorrow's run! And then.....

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

0 comments: