Smack dab in the middle of page 6, 7:15 - 7:45 in the Atlas Foyer.
For those not interested in link-clicking, that would be the schedule for the National Flute Convention happening this week in San Diego. The listing is for this:
7:15 - 7:45 p.m. FLUTE CHOIR FOYER CONCERT
Atlas Foyer The Greater Los Angeles Flute Societys South Bay Flute Choir,
conducted by Eileen Walpole, performs works of Gan, Gossec,
Holcombe, Mozart, Mussorgsky, and Wood.
Yes, that's THE Mozart, THE Mussorgsky, and NANCY WOOD (now Zornes). MY MOTHER. In some dang fine company, and well-suited to be there, if I might speak totally unbiasedly. See for yourself. Or rather, hear. And then scroll down to the reviews to read that of Vanessa Whatmoor ("'Pedazitos' had such energy that made me want to get up and dance!")
Vanessa may not have the best grammar skills, but she has great taste in music.
Congrats, Ma! Wish I could be there to hear the concert!
Ooh, make that concertS. Seems another flute choir will be playing some fine "Wood"-work earlier that same day. Right on!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Coolest Thing EVER
Posted by AnoelleB at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
All the way from ND I can feel your pride and excitement. As a mother; I commend you. As a child; I applaud her. As a human being, I acknowledge and admire your telling the world that she's YOUR Mom.
Post a Comment