Thursday, December 11, 2008

New picture definitely needed!

It's been a loooooooooooooong three(ish) weeks since moving day. LOOOOOONG. Much of that time was spent without a washer, dryer or dishwaher, so really I was too filthy to blog. We still have no working phone jacks, but the rest is beginning to fall into place, hallelujah!

Yesterday, necessities felt tended-to enough that I ventured into the realm of crafty decorating. I needed a giant wreath, but the only one I could find was nekkid, so I threw caution to the wind, bought the wreath plus a passel of floral goodies, and started wiring away. I'm really happy with the result. Here's the Braggy McBrag photo, because I never thought I'd be able to make something like this:


Woo-hoo! (The lettering is one of those vinyl rub-on transfer deals. I got mine at Target, but I've seen them other places as well.)

In other news, I have become the Queen of IKEA. Good times, my friend, good times. I've assembled 3 dressers and a shoe cabinet (sheer awesomeness!), plus three cubby/shelf deals from Target. Wow, if you thought furniture from IKEA was cheap... At least their stuff looks nice. The Target things, well, they're in the boys' rooms, so as long as they function, it's cool.

Speaking of things that should and often don't look nice, Haley from TX now has me completely addicted to the Cake Wrecks blog. It's one of those that you look at, then laugh, then spend two hours looking at all the archives because you can't stop. I'm determined to become a Wreckporter... just need to start remembering to bring my camera when I go grocery shopping. If nothing else, check out this recent offering.

I'd love to stay and chat, but I need to plan my next trip to Lowe's. Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that you are remembering to breath at all times with your wonderfully busy schedule. The wall looks nice wonderful, however. Deb

Amanda said...

looks AWESOME Amy!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS:)