Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Whiny McWhinerson

AUGH!!!! Don't read this; this blog for all the world to read is the closest thing I have to a journal, and if ever a gal needed to rant to a journal...

To everybody who pooh-poohed my concerns about Parental Homework, or told me that by 2nd or 3rd grade they'd be doing most of it on their own, I say CRAP ON YOUR FACE. This year, I have Ben in 3rd grade and Josh in 1st, both with loads of homework that is ALL "play this math game with your parent," "read this story to your family," "have your parent read this story to you," "here, sign this," "please volunteer," "make sure you're helping/checking/doing,"...

You know what? I freaking HAVE STUFF TO DO in the afternoon. Does DINNER ring a bell with any of you educators out there? How about the left over pre-schooler, huh? He needs stuff from Mommy after school, too. Oh, yeah, and I have my own life to deal with as well. My brilliant plan to float in to Simi under the music radar, as it were, has resulted in my currently rehearsing fiddle for a show playing all through October, not to mention ward choir, stake choir which started last night, Joshua's wanting to join the stake children's choir, and I'm already signed up to sing for the Creche display in December. I haven't unpacked my music yet, I don't have a clue WHO will accompany me, but sing I will, and so practice I must.

All of Matt's current business travel is not helping, either. This week is ridiculous. Matt's in the Grand Tetons doing team-building exercises till Friday. Here's what my week looks like in the meantime:

Tonight: My first activity as Den Leader. I've had the necessary information for TWO days, neither of which have been really available for activity planning. So today I am going nuts slapping stuff together, and Josh and Joseph will be tagging along as our Little Wolf Brothers.

Wednesday night: Show rehearsal. I'll be charging up 3 Nintendo DS units, and have bought coloring books.

Thursday: Donating blood in the afternoon with three tagalong boys, rehearsing again in the evening with three tagalong boys. I guarantee by this time they'll be "bored" with all of Wednesday's brilliant distractions.

Friday: Friday, thank goodness, we pick Matt up from the airport. I may actually sleep Friday night.

My kitchen is a disaster area, I'm already behind on laundry even though EVERYTHING was clean as of Saturday night, and I refuse to think about anything else except for homework (wow, do I want to swear right now) and the boys' bathroom, which is a neverending nightmare.

Now I must go bake muffins. No, I don't know how with my kitchen looking the way it does. But we need muffins, so muffins I will make. GIT 'ER DONE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hurt for you! Sure wish I could take some of that off your hands. You kids never had that much homework at that age and you can all read and write and spell your names, so I gotta ask . . . what are they thinking?! You just keep on whining -- you might explode otherwise. I'll step up my prayers. Mom

Woody said...

Hmm. Homework. I've heard of it.

Anonymous said...

What nights can I come over to help with the kids and lessen the load this week? The Aunt :)

Anonymous said...

ahh...ain't life grand??? Remember, they will only be this age once. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. If homework doesn't get done it's not the end of the world. Tell the teacher it's too much. And let Uncle Debby help. Gorsh...ain't that wuts famileee is fer? OR...you can just send them here :} Hang in there baby. These are the easy years. I love you!
GW

Anonymous said...

Deed accomplished, GW. She got to go to rehearsal and I got watch cartoons with the boys. It was Awesome!!! :)