I've taken to calling Bekins daily. They're still saying we'll get our stuff tomorrow - here's hoping! I asked the last lady I spoke to if she knew where EXACTLY our stuff is. It's in Pico Rivera - a one-hour drive from here. Well, that's SOMETHING, anyway. Also, they do have a reimbursement policy, of which I will be taking full advantage.
Yesterday, Bank of America credited our account for the amount stolen plus all the overdraw fees. I immediately set out to go shopping. They immediately froze my card for "unusual activity." Thankfully, I had brought checks along. Ha HA, universe! I fooled you!! As soon as our card was unfrozen, we ate at Daphne's. Sweet, sweet Greek food prepared by somebody else. How I love you.
So, in short, things are settling down a bit and looking up. And although shrinking in a corner sucking our thumbs and humming the theme song to Sesame Street crossed out minds more than once, we never actually caved. If all we get out of this is to see what we're made of, it was worth it!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Update
Posted by AnoelleB at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I know what you mean. For a few years after your Dad died I felt that the only benefit that came from it was discovering that I could hang in there and do things I never thought I could do. You guys are fantastic.
Post a Comment