The following took place at the home of Ben's piano teacher, Laura, who is LDS. It smelled really good in her house today, so I told her so, and asked what she was cooking.
"Soup. From cans. I try to cook one Food Storage meal each week to cycle through the stuff and find recipes I like. It's usually soup."
"Hey, that's a good idea! I've been trying to get a start on our year's supply. It's really weighed heavily on my mind lately."
"You, too?"
"Bad enough I even had a dream about it a couple weeks ago."
"I did too!"
"Does that make YOU nervous as heck?"
"Amy, we're screwed."
I'm off to go buy a million cans of whatever I can find and hide under my bed.
Before I go, here's a very yummy Soup From Cans recipe I got last Sunday from Dawnelle Hambly (nee Moberly):
Toss into a pot one can each of chicken, corn, ranch style beans, diced tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup. Heat through and serve over tortilla chips (think Tortilla Soup), and top with cheese and sour cream. Especially good with Tostitos "Hint of Lime" flavor chips. Seriously. Yum.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Uplifting Conversation of the Week So Far
Posted by AnoelleB at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment