Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Work

Yeah, so I saw Amy's update, and I thought I'd clarify the work thing. Basically, like Amy said, I'm an "independent consultant" for the next couple months (until the end of January) with a contract at Rapattoni to document a bunch of stuff and provide (go figure) consulting services.

Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of an interview process for a position at Microsoft. It's a contract-to-perm position with their SQL Support team out of Dallas. I'd be a SQL Support Engineer working high-level support; I'd get all the problems that the lst and 2nd tier support folk couldn't figure out: all of the really oddball stuff. So far, I've done two telephone interviews, both of which went extremely well, and next I have the in-person interview, which should be the last interview; I expect that to go well, too.

I'm really stoked about this position. I've wanted to work for Microsoft for a long time now.

0 comments: