Matt and I went to high school with Jeff Weaver. And now that punk of a jock is making $9.25 MILLION pitching for the Dodgers.
I didn’t really know the guy, of course, since he was a jock and I was a hard-core music nerd (marching band, orchestra, choir, and madrigals, anyone?), but his name was an ambient presence on campus. It’s just completely insane to think that anyone I have even the remotest connection with is a millionaire.
That is all. This freakout is complete.
1 comments:
Sooooooooo, it's not the musicians that make the money; it's the athletes! Where did I go wrong??? Ohhhhhhhhhh, the agony of it all!!!! Well, with my grace and agility, I don't need to play sports - I just walk around the house and trip over my own two feet (now there's agony of the de feet). I'll go to bed now. :)
Post a Comment