Here’s a gem from the mind of Joshua (who learned it from TV, and then made it his own):
Josh: Knock knock.
Victim: Who’s there?
Josh: Banana.
Victim: Banana who?
Josh: Banana banana.
This is repeated the requisite three times, until we get to the killer “orange” line:
Victim: Orange who?
Josh: Orange you glad I changed my shirt?
The answer to that is generally yes, as Josh can do really unspeakable things with shirts.
One night several weeks ago over dinner, Matt and I were tormented as Ben and Josh practiced this joke ad nauseum to get it down pat. Joseph was not unobservant. Now he has his own version of the joke, and it’s freaking adorable the first two or three times. Then you’re just sorry he learned it. It goes like this:
Joseph (in adorable sing-song fashion): La Laaaaa.
Victim: Who’s there?
Joseph: Mnlah.
Victime: Banana who?
Joseph (in adorable sing-song fashion): La Laaaaa.
This can go on indefinitely, if you let it. I think he thinks it’s normal conversation.
Kids are cute.
2 comments:
Did I mention that I love those boys???? Well, I'm just a happy aunt, er, uncle. Whatever - I get to spoil them rotten and return them back from whence they came. :) (my grammer may be a bit off - I'm tired)
The funny thing about the Bananna/shirt joke was that it actually made me laugh. The original punchline doesn't. The silly, incongrous one does.
Go figger...
MRKH
Post a Comment