Saturday, January 10, 2009

It Begins

I miss Texas a TON, especially the people, but one thing that I haven't missed at all about the place is the seemingly rampant disease there. Somebody ALWAYS had strep, stomach flu came and went in frequent waves, I was on a first-name basis with our pediatrician's nurse. There was just always something. I've never seen anything like it before or since. No seriously, since we've come back to CA we've been very nearly disease-free.

This past week Joseph has had a cold that came with a bit of a fever. No big deal, totally manageable. Pretty much over it now.

Just now he came to tell me his ear hurts "on the inside."

And Ben's coughing. "It's nothing, just my throat itches."

I guess the honeymoon's over!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

oh...man....
we have the "Texas" disease over here.....

Anonymous said...

Gee whiz, I come to visit and the boys get sick. That makes me feel real good. ;) Drink lots of water, keep breathing, and get an 8 hour nap. Aunt Debby

woodnotes02 said...

Hmmm. Maybe we should extend. We haven't been really sick since we came on the mission. I'm actually rather worried about coming out from under the shelter of the blessing of being a missionary. Food for thought.

Mrs. Woody said...

Aw, man... I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it doesn't hang around your house for as long as it did here. We've finally kicked it out - don't know why we didn't think to do it sooner! ;o)