Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not a LOOKIT WHAT I DID Post. Not really, anyway.

Okay, this is the WALL-E cake I made for Ben's birthday:



I'm not posting it to brag, because as far as cake makery goes, it's... let's say "homey." I'm posting it as a testament to the awesomeness of the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. They should re-title it "This Book Can Teach You to Draw No Matter How Great Your Lack of Skill or Talent." I couldn't draw for BEANS, but now I can look at a photo of WALL-E and sketch him in toothpick onto a cake.

Seriously, you need to check out the Before and After gallery. No time for link clicking? Here's a sample:



Okay, here's the part I WILL brag about. Ben requested a lemon cake, but I was short on time so I stole elements from a few recipes and added a few twists of my own and HOLY CROW it was good. Best Lemon Cake Filling EVAH: Buy a jar of lemon curd. Whip 1/2 C whipping cream. Beat the curd till smooth and fold together with the cream. DREAMY!! Slap that between a couple layers of lemon cake mix cake and top with a lemony buttercream. Life will be good.

3 comments:

woodnotes02 said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! I have a jar of lemon curd that I've been wondering how to use. I'll have to wait until BOb loses a couple pounds and cheers up again. In the meantime, cooking is NO FUN! I thought your cake was darling.

Anonymous said...

That is way cool! That cake sounds good and it looks good also. Deb :)

shahna said...

thanx alot. now i am craving bad stuff. i will never capitalize again now that i know you hate that! :O)