Saturday, October 11, 2008

Home Shopping Update

It occurred to me today, as I wrote the check for our third offer on a home, that I should maybe update the general readership of our blog...

So, a million years ago, we moved to Simi. Approximately 100,000 years ago we put our first offer down on a great home in SS5 ward boundaries. No go. No counter offer, no nothing besides just "no." On the rebound, about 700 years ago, we put an offer down a home in SS2 ward boudaries. Being a short sale, it looked like it might be FOREVER before we heard yea or nay. A million years is a long time to spend in a 3 bedroom apartment with 3 boys, so we decided to keep looking at homes.

Today we went out with our realtor. We looked at non-short-sale homes. Some were beautiful, many were out of our price range and not likely to bend down to our comfort zone. Then we stopped back at the house in SS2, the one we had put an offer on. It was deeply disappointing. Over lunch, we decided that we had placed that offer "on the rebound," as it were, and needed to rescind. So we have. And we placed an offer on a home we saw today that we feel really good about. A normal sale. We're hoping that the third time is the charm. Or at least that there will be some dialogue this time.

This one is in SS1 ward boundaries (I know this all means nothing to my Texas homies - sorry!), fence-hopping distance to Santa Susana High School. Wish us luck; we're awfully sick of digging through boxes. And that's just to get from point A to point B in the boys' room. Think about that, you moms out there - three boys ages 4 to 8 sharing a small apartment bedroom. I don't even tuck them in anymore, I'm so scared to venture in there.

Cripes, time to go back up Miss Patsy!

2 comments:

trumpet girl said...

I don't think that I am ever going to move!!!! I hope that this one works out for you.

Anonymous said...

I hope this one works out as well. The Patsy Cline show is WONDERFUL! It's great seeing Amy on the fiddle again! Grandpa would have bee proud.