People keep asking me questions about our move, and I'm always like "You don't KNOW?" and then it occurred to me that nobody CAN know unless I tell them. My excuse is packing. I've been too busy packing to update anybody on anything. Packing and cleaning. And playing the new LEGO Indiana Jones game. Erm, all work and no play makes Amy really really sad? Yeah, that it.
So here's the update! We have an apartment and a new address in place. For the Simi-wise, we'll be over in Simi 4 territory, in the apartments across the street from the old K-Mart (soon to be a Super Target HOORAY!!!!!). I'll be giving everyone the new address in a format that's NOT a public blog. The apartment is a month-to-month deal. One thousand square feet of space to rest our heads while zeroing in on our new house. Oh yeah, you saw that right. We'll be sharing 1,078 square feet with three rambunctious boys and all our Stuff. Yummy!
Our official move out date in June 27 (HOLY CRAP THAT'S COMING UP FAST). Our official move IN date is July 1. In between, we'll be taking one of our favorite drives along I-40. We're driving both cars, which we're hoping will be able to provide some nice respite for the boys (and ourselves). We figure we'll just put them on a rotation schedule of who gets some quiet time in Daddy's car. Thank goodness for walkie-talkies. Or should we call them drivie-talkies in this case?
This house is not yet on the market. We've been doing the prep work, though. We've decluttered quite a bit, had the ENTIRE interior painted a nice neutral beige which the boys have yet to decorate (teaching them the phrase "conniption fit" and threatening to destroy all pencils, pens, and crayons is helping there), and we've got haulers and carpet cleaners coming tomorrow. We're hoping we can list after that. Oh, we also had our friend/landscaper plant a bunch of flowers out front, but that was immediately followed by a dry spell/heat wave that killed almost all of them. I suppose we'll have to do that again. Lucky Ted!
We haven't picked out a new house in Simi yet. We get regular updates from Cookie, our realtor on that end, but we're saving the serious hunt for when we're there. And, you know, we'll have more to go on once this house is listed.
Man, if there's anything else, then I can't think of it right now. Because, of course, on top of all the moving stuff, I've got regular daily household chores, boys fresh out of school for summer vacation who need entertaining and mediation, Father's Day, and just all the stupid foibles of everyday living to deal with. WHEE!
So there we are. That is where things stand for us and our move. It still feels right, even with the tidal wave of people coming THIS way whose traffic we are moving against. Financially weird, but right.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Move Update
Posted by AnoelleB at 8:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have to say that I'm excited for you :) I can't wait till the day comes when we move out of this apt. And I'm SUPPER happy you won't be in Texas. Sean has been trying to talk Mark into moving there so when you moved there, it was all the more pull for him. But now he can't use you as a bartering tool :D sorry Sean;) Of course, we won't be moving back to Simi either..aw well...still close enough to visit :)
Gee, I'm glad to get an update on your move situation. I've been wondering. And now I know why you've been too busy to RESPOND TO MY E-MAILS! But that's okay! I'm tickled you'll be in Simi 4, even for a short while. And they'll be super delighted!
Amy...I can't believe you will be gone so soon:( I really will be sad to not hear your beautiful voice singing in sac. meeting or playing an instrument:) I'll miss you living right down the street "just in case" I should run out of eggs! You were one of the very first people I met in the ward.....you will be missed. You better blog a lot more after you move!
Steve was Amanda:)
YAY!!!! I'm so excited!! If you need a babysitter for any part of the move I should be home.
I don't even want to think about it! I am happy for you but sad for me!
what???? moving back to Cali???? I have been out of it??? That's like in two weeks. Amy???
Post a Comment