Today is day one of our "move." We're still in the McKinney area, and won't actually be hitting the road until tomorrow, but the movers came to load our stuff today. It was a perfect example of why I prefer not to move myself anymore. Temperatures in the 90s, humidity to boot, bleh. I was hardly doing anything at all, just standing outside, making myself available for information, and I'm beat.
It took them about 4.5 hours to load the van, and they were done by about 1:30. Amy had taken the boys off to a park and then the mall, just to get them out of the house and out of the way. After the movers left, we had lunch at El Fenix one last time (not the best Mexican food I've had, but the restaurant just has that honest, kitchy quality - and a huge menu - that I like).
After lunch, we dropped Ben off to get his ride to Twiight Camp for the night, and then returned to the house to clean up any major articles for a hauler to take away, and now we're at our hotel.
Tonight, we'll pick up Ben from Twilight Camp. Then, tomorrow, we've got Merry Maids coming to give the house a thorough cleaning, and sometime after that, we're off. Our first stop will be Amarillo, home to the Big Texan steakhouse (with 72 oz. steaks...which I will not be eating). After that, we hit Flagstaff, and then we do our final leg into Simi; we should arrive late on Monday, and then we'll sign papers on our (temporary) apartment on Tuesday.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Day 1: It Begins
Posted by burrhaz at 5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well . . . golly. It sounds like things are going smoothly, just like we've prayed for. When I get too blue I think about how many people you're making happy in SoCal, and it cheers me up. I guess it will be safe to call you tomorrow morning? I hate to bother you when you're both driving. We'll keep on a-prayin'.
we will miss you!
Post a Comment