Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Big Tuesday

Lots of firsts:

Ben had his first real karate class. And, owing to his great attitude just jumping right in and giving it his best, got his first Stripe. Red, the attitude stripe. Right on!

Joshua had his first Primary Activity. Got to plant flowers around the church building. He had a great time. He's really loving Primary.

Joseph had his first phone conversation. Every time before when we've handed him the phone - even when he asked for it - he'd just end up staring in horrified silence. Like the phone ate someone he loved or something. Yesterday he saw Josh talking to Uncle Debby and asked for a turn, so I handed him the phone and instructed him to say hello. And he DID! Then he threw in a couple of random "uh-huh, uh-huh"s and actually said goodbye when I told him to. It was very very cute. BIG surprise there.

I took cookies over to our first new neighbor. I have yet to meet any of the poeple who were living on our street before we got here, which made me all the more determined to meet people who move in after. Anyway, our next-door neighbors are awesome. Mom and Dad and 6-year-old daughter. She even goes to Ben's school, although she's in first grade. Hello carpool!

So, it was a busy day, but a neat one.

0 comments: