A long time ago, for a long plane trip, I bought a book full of Jumbles. You know, the word game wherin you unscramble words to come up with a "Surprise Answer" for some cheesy cartoon pun. This book has been recently unpacked and acquisitioned by Ben.
Today in the car on the way to church, Ben threw us a couple of surprises. "Hey, Mommy and Daddy, I made a word! V-A-L-U-E." "Wow, Ben, that really is a word: Value! Good job!" "Thanks!" There was one more after that; some word that seemed pretty amazing, but not totally out of the realm of coincedence for him to have mixed up the letters just right till they made up a word. Then we got to church, and I forgot all about it.
On the way home it began again. But this time it was "Hey, I think I spelled 'guitar'!" "Really, Ben? How did you spell it?" "G-U-I-T-A-R." Hello, Harvard!
"Holy COW Ben! That really IS how you spell guitar! How did you know that??"
"I looked at the answers in the back of the book."
Sunday, February 26, 2006
The Spelling Prodigy
Posted by AnoelleB at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment