Because I'm lazy!
Cool Children's Book
John, Paul, George & Ben, by Lane Smith. Little vignettes of the childhoods of some of our Founding Fathers, my favorite being Paul Revere, I think. Deafened by his time spent in belfries ("Before fun was invented, people joined bell-ringing clubs"), he ends up shouting all the orders at the shop he worked in. "THE PINK BREECHES ARE COMING!" Ben's favorite is John Hancock. I also liked Independent Tom (I've known a few of those...). Very cute, very funny, and it clears up what is and isn't actually true at the end of the book ("Dullard is a funny word"). Two enthusiastic thumbs up.
New Callings
We finally made it onto the ward radar screens. I am now Nursery Music Leader, and Matt has been called - surprise, suprise - to teach the 11-year-old boys in Primary. Again. Actually, he's tag-team teaching with Rob Kovach, so they can each occasionally get to Sunday School and Priesthood. Cool beans!
Matt's Big News
Microsoft has offered him a full-time position. It's his dream job, and he never even had to apply. He just got in there by chance as a contractor, and they red-flagged him immediately as someone to watch. He's thrilled. And the benefits are beyond belief, they're so amazing. That goes into effect March 20.
That is all!
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Three - Three - Three Blog Entries in One!
Posted by AnoelleB at 1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment