I had the best morning a parent could possibly have yesterday. When I took Ben to school I had a chance to chat with his teacher for a moment, and she said she was flabbergasted by how well Ben can read and write already. Flabbergasted! On the first day of school every year, she always has the kids do your standard "Over the summer I...." paper (mostly pictures at this stage of the game). Normally she writes the "Over the summer I...." part, but Ben, she said, was the FIRST to write it all for himself.
RAD!!!
So academics are set - now we just need to work on those social graces... Oh, and not forgetting his lunch bag! He's already managed to lose the nice thermal lunch sack I got him, and yesterday he left his lunch bag outside after their morning snack time, and the crows got to it. Sounded like quite the class spectacle, too. Poor Ben tried to salvage his lunch, but it was all eaten through. Teech bought him a cafeteria lunch so he wouldn't go hungry. So sad that he apparently inherited his mother's floopitydoopiness. Ah well, there's time.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Flabbergasted!
Posted by AnoelleB at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment