Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merry Zelda to all, and to all a good Link!

Dude, I am Zelda'd OUT. Also, 90% of this post will only make sense to people familiar with the Zelda series of video games.

As I write this, Joseph is preparing to play his new Zelda game. The one we gave him in the brief interlude between


Triforce pizza and


Zelda cake.

The game came with a 25th anniversary Zelda Symphony album. Guess what we listened to while we ate the cake?

MORE CAKE PICTURES!


The only reason he's not wearing his Crest of Hyrule shirt in this photo is because it was filthy and I made him change out of it.


Yellow (and green) butter cake with lime frosting and lime curd filling. The flavor was his choice. And a tasty one!

I gave him his choice of cake slices. He chose the slice with Navi/Ciela on it (a fairy from the game that looks like a blue bubble with wings). Then he decided he couldn't bear the thought of anyone eating it. So now I have a plate with a blob of icing on it, in the Icing Blob Protection Program.


OTHER GIFTS!

Yesterday a package came from Clovis. It contained his gift from Gamma & Grampa Nicholls, a SUPER cool RC truck that does every trick you can think of.


It's a hit with boys AND dogs! :)

Gramma & Grampa Zornes sent a birthday card with sweet sweet cashola. Guess what my baby bought with it?


PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Named "Agua Amigo."

He originally wanted a mouse, but the most basic of starting setups for a mouse was about twice what he had to spend. Imagine my relief at not having to call my mouse-hating mother and tell her that he had used her money for evil. For what he DID have, though, he was able to get all the basics for a betta fish, plus a couple of little tank decorations, and a deep sense of satisfaction and maturity. So flipping cute!

Uh... hopefully I'll write again before next May. Aheh heh. Aheh.

1 comments:

Kelly Burr said...

I approve of Agua Amigo. I had a similar pet in college named Sharkbait Hoo-Ha-Ha :) Happy birthday Joseph! Can't wait til the baptism.