So we're in Salt Lake visiting Mom & Bob. We thought they were serving an English-speaking mission, but they have indeed learned a new language: Utahan. I think.
Most of it is just an effort to shorten things up a bit: 7th St instead of North 700 West or whatever. Plus lots of alphabet soup. They work at the JSMB over next to the COB, etc.
But we learned the BEST word of all today: lunch.
THIS is lunch:
Yes, the word for "lunch," at least for today, is "Leatherby's," and I must say, I HIGHLY approve. I wonder if they'll serve me up just a bowl of their caramel sauce?
Join me tomorrow, when I learn the translation for "Live Patriotic MoTab Broadcast." Matt has already dubbed it "The Perfect Storm," seeing as how I got choked up just listening to the organist practice one of his big endings. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!
**UPDATE** I learned the translation for "Live Patriotic MoTab Broadcast." It is "torture." How many barnburners in a row can one hear without bursting into wild applause?
I also learned that one does not yell "WOO!" when we finally DO get the chance to applaud. Not even when Mack Wilberg acknowledges an organist who has just performed physically impossible feats of daring-do. Seriously, Clay Christiansen is not human. Or he has seven feet. And six hands.
I learned this by being the sole person to yell "WOO!" in the Conference Center.
He EARNED it.
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Foreign Language (UPDATED)
Posted by AnoelleB at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't wait to hear about this one! Aunt D :)
That is why we heard the Mo-Tab last weekend in an Oklahoma Gymnasium. We were free to clap, cheer and WOO to our hearts' content!
I'm so happy you all are having such an amazing time! Leatherby's was in Sacramento too -- at least for a while. Good ice cream and condiments. Hope the boys are enjoying their visit to SLC. I love and miss you all.
GWiggles.
Clay is okay, I guess. A little rough to sing Do-Wop to (especially a-cappella...he just doesn't recognize a long series of rests).
We're making them take down our photo for legal reasons, but here's a screen shot before that happens:
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k341/dfburdick/GuestsofMoTab.jpg
Oops...long-winded...
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k341/dfburdick/GuestsofMoTab.jpg
Oh, come on!!
I think I just made a...tiny...mistake.
Cut n Paste:
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums
/k341/dfburdick/GuestsofMoTab.jpg
Post a Comment