Well, Amy is now less of a person than when she woke up this morning. She is now out one gall bladder, and consequently, one huge gall stone. I didn't get to see it, but the surgeon indicated it was about 2 inches in diameter.
Amy's had pain and nausea (thanks to the gall stone) for some time now. Her first doctor, back in Simi, while we were still with Kaiser, and before we knew how wonderful a PPO is, chalked it up to muscle pain. 3 years later, the muscle pain was getting worse, and our new doctor suspected it might be an ulcer. A few procedures later and it was finally identified for what it truly was: a gall stone. Not just a gall stone: a Texas-sized gall stone.
Anyway, it's out now, and Amy's home and resting.
2 comments:
Sure. Amy gets a Texas-sized gallstone and I get thousands of them. I WIN!!!! :) But, Amy will surely be feeling much better. I'm so glad that her surgery was scheduled and she could be home the same day as the surgery. Keep doing good! Debby
Phew! I'm glad you don't have to deal with that anymore. 3 years is a long time! Um... congratulations? lol. Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok! =) Love y'all!
Post a Comment