I took a semester of logic in college; it was thoroughly entertaining and I employ it virtually every day of my life (much to Amy's chagrin). Tonight, though, our boys illustrated the power of simple childhood logic.
Scene 1:
========
Kitchen. After dinner. Matt and Amy are sitting at the table, shooting the breeze. The boys are upstairs running and screaming and being little boys.
Enter Josh
Josh: When are we having ice cream?
-- Matt & Amy look at each other confused --
Matt: Who said anything about ice cream?
Amy: We're not having ice cream.
Josh: Oh. Well, when are we having watermelon?
Amy: We're not having watermelon tonight; we're having it tomorrow night.
Josh: Why?
Amy: Because watermelon is for little boys who are kind to their brothers.
-- Josh ponders this for a moment --
Josh: Because I'm not little?
End Scene 1.
Scene 2
=======
A few minutes later. Same dinner table. Matt and Amy are recovering from their laughter.
Ben: When's dessert?
Amy: We're not having dessert.
Ben: I thought we were having watermelon.
Amy: We're not having watermelon.
Ben: Why not?
Amy: Because of all the fighting.
-- Ben considers a moment --
Ben: You and daddy were fighting?
Scene 2 closes as Matt tries to keep from choking on his root beer while laughing.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Child Logic
Posted by burrhaz at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment