Wednesday, December 29, 2010

YouTuber!

A couple months ago, Matt and I took the kids to Borders just for funsies. While we were there, Matt happened upon a book he thought Johua might enjoy: "The Klutz Book of Animation." It came with its own little tub of plasticine for making a claymation-style movie. So we bought it with one eye on Christmas, I hid it, I actually remembered it and found it in time for Christmas, and now it's in Joshua's happy happy hands.

This book, like most of the Klutz series, is AMAZING. But the kicker is it came with information on software he could download for free to help him make his movies. And he got to movie-making so quickly that I figured the time had come for him to have his YouTube channel. The more he watches, the better he'll get, I think.

Now, of course, he's EIGHT, so it's not your standard, searchable, public account. I've taught him how to upload his videos in such a way that you can ONLY see them if you have the link. And since only family and friends and non-creepers read this blog, I think this is a safe place to post those links for any family who might be interested.

BE WARNED that for now his videos are mainly 2 to 5 second shorts that are really just experiments. But I love them, and I know for sure grandparents will. :)

His first effort with the software is here:

"My"

And the rest came up pretty quickly after that.

"Cookbooks R evil"

"Le' blob"

"Shoes of Sucky"

"The big race"

"The out of control chair"

Enjoy! See you all at the 2015 Oscars! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be in the front row with a huge sign that says: THAT'S MY JOSHUA! (um, Music Man style, of course). Aunt Debby

Cheney Family said...

I love "The Big Race" with the dart coming down lol so funny:) Kel is watching behind me saying that he can hire her to be a leading actress ;)