Saturday, February 06, 2010

Long Ago

Hello? Hello? Is this thing still on? Let me clear away these cobwebs. I haven't been here in ages. The lights still work. Good.

I started this blog 4 or 5 years ago, when Josh was still little. He turned eight on Thursday. When I started the blog, I did so to share stories about the boys and about being a parent.

I've settled into a groove now. I'm accustomed to Ben's brilliance, Josh's energy, and Joseph's cuteness. They seldom surprise me, but I continue to joy in them.

I know his teens are still a few years away, but I detect subtle differences in Ben's attitude, interests, and language that all show adolescence lies just around the bend.

Josh, though still energetic, is not so carefree as he once was. He values the opinions of others. His feelings are easily hurt, and he wants to be cool.

Joseph, too, has changed. He knows how to make a face, the perfect flick of a brow or twist of the lip that conveys a subtle and often humorous idea. He wields this ability with ease.

I love my boys, and I'm happy to see them every day.

1 comments:

trumpet girl said...

I cannot believe that Josh is 8!!!! Where is time going? When will his baptism be?