Saturday, November 17, 2007

And here's Josh, just for kicks.


There's a story behind why his mouth is open, although it could easily be his natural enthusiasm. He's that kind of kid. But no, this is a story that should have been blogged back when it happened (and if I can wrangle it, there'll be a video eventually). (Off topic: Joseph just wandered into the office to ask Daddy "does fishes live in the potty?") Okay, back to the story:

Back in September our ward had what is looking to be an annual talent show. Joshua and I performed a truncated version of the Smothers Brothers' "Chocolate Song." I don't want to spoil the hopefully forthcoming video, but you need to know that Joshua's favorite part is the chance to scream the word "CHOCOLATE!!!" and it cracks him up every time.

Now, on Picture Day, he was shaping up to have a Ben2006 experience. All of his practice smiles were indescribably insane. I SHOULD have just let him use it, since Ben2006 is likely to become a Family Legend, but I couldn't do it. We tried getting him to relax, to no avail. Coincidentally, I was assigned as a Picture Day volunteer to help out with his class, so I got to be there for the actual photo. At the last minute, I remembered the perfect smile he has whenever he cracks himself up yelling "CHOCOLATE!!!", and told him to use his Chocolate Smile.

I think he was actually saying "CHOCOLATE!!!" when the photographer snapped his shot. Thus the open mouth, and adorable enthusiastic countenance.

Looking at the two photos, I think that maybe Ben and Josh share a similar nose, and that's IT. I can barely believe they're brothers. But I can't tell you how glad I am that they're mine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really good pictures of my wonderful nephews. How nice to get to love them! :) Uncle Deb