Howdy, y'all! I haven't written in a while. I have no excuse, I'm just sayin', is all. But!
Today we went to theDallas Greek Food Festival, and had a total blast. It's a yearly event held at this HUGE Greek Orthodox church in north Dallas, and we're probably going to be yearly visitors. Greek music and food everywhere (can you say Baklava Sundae? I think you can!) and adorable dancing children and free recipes all over and a marketplace. The kids (including Ben's best bud Nick) got to create sand art for the first time. Every once in a while a guy gets on stage to make announcements and thank sponsors and every time he says "Opa!" the crowd "Opa!"s back. Anyway, I'm sucking at putting it into words. We just had fun.
In other news... Matt's been released from Primary, which is a shocker in itself, and has been called to be the secretary for the Young Men, which is a double shocker. Matt's been in Primary for roughly 98% of his post-mission existence. He's NEVER served in YM, so it should be fun. He's excited, anyway.
I may never eat anything but Greek food again, I'm feeling so good.
Also, if anybody out there is into the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, I'd just like to go on record as being in the Jacob Black camp. Not that Edward is any slouch.
Byeeeee!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
OPA!
Posted by AnoelleB at 3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I'm not swift on the Twilight series; however, I just a movie called "In the Shadow of the Moon". It's a documentary by Ron Howard and shows footage from the Apollo program and some of the Astronauts give their insights on what it was like being on the moon. It was very cool and I was somewhat emotional in the end. By the way, I'm glad to hear you had a good time at the Greek Festival. The Uncle Debby ;)
OPA! Oh, I envy you! I have never heard of the Twilight series; if I ever do I will try to align myself with the right camp. Ma
I just started reading Twilight!
Post a Comment