... since this blog is typically more about us and our kids, but some people are so out of touch that it has to be spoken about.
In this news story, M. Night Shyamalan (who wrote and directed "Sixth Sense," as well as other movies I've really enjoyed) speaks oh-so-poetically in defense of the moviegoing experience. He fears its extinction due to other movie makers' support of the idea of doing away with the wait between theater release and DVD release. Steve Soderbergh (another writer-director), for example, plans to make six new movies which he'll release in the theaters, as well as on DVD and pay cable all at the same time. His desire is to give the consumer more choice over how and when they see a movie.
From Shyamalan: "When I sit down next to you in a movie theater, we get to share each other's point of view. We become part of a collective soul. That's the magic in the movies."
I don't know where it is he's going to the movies, but it's not anywhere I've been. Because typically what's being shared is not so much point of view or a chunk of my soul, it's more like funny smells, obnoxious shouts of young people, and a desire for earplugs. Because wow, movies are too loud. Yep, I'm one of those.
Some movies that are big and super FX-laden I sometimes feel I really need to see on a big screen, but honestly, if I had a nice private big screen at home I'd never set foot in a theater again.
That's all for that. In other news...
Now that everybody knows about The Move, I'll try and keep up with the process via the blog. Here's what's happened so far:
A gazillion strangers have trounced through my house, most while I'm out (on purpose), but some while I've been here with the kids. Like the greasy realtor (you could just see on his face how many lies he's told in the past and how easily and greasily and happily he'd do it as soon as he opened his mouth again) who showed an hour and a half late with his clients and just had to work around me and my sleeping baby.
Offers have been made, one of which Cookie (OUR realtor, who's a doll) had us make a counter-offer to. Which amounted to Cookie telling us the new number, and us nodding and then - surprise! - signing a jillion things. We'll see how that goes. I just want the House Showings to be done with. It's just icky, and a pain.
A sign appeared on our front lawn last night while we were out. Bizarre. And also terrifying, since we haven't told the ward yet and I have students from my ward coming for a lesson today. So another round of Crap Hitting the Fan begins today. Oh boy, can't wait...
I have a thought of doing a daily update on this whole process, but I don't make any promises until Halloween's done. I'm still trying to fit in costume-making with having to dash out of the house every other hour. So until I write again - ta!
Friday, October 28, 2005
I should probably leave this to Woody's Woundup...
Posted by AnoelleB at 9:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment